GRADES 1 & 2
Review of Typing Stage 1: Demonstrate how to use Dance Mat Typing stage one, level one ( ASDF,JKL; and G, H ). Review the homerow and proper finger technique.
Typing Practice Stage 1 – 3 :
Mini-Lesson – 10 minute demonstration/Lesson
Practice – 25-30 minutes or until done.
Our third grade students will be practicing their word processing skills by writing back to a friend about thier goals for this school year. Please click the phone below to open the activity. You will have to sign-in to your Google Drive, click “Make a Copy”, and rename the document.
Don’t forget to check your spelling, capital letters, and punctuation!
1. 4th grade will be practicing their reading and summarizing skills by reading an article and filling out a Google form.
Head to Time for Kids by clicking the link below. Choose an article that interests you.
2. Read through the article and fill out a article review by clicking the picture below.
Make sure to…
- Use Complete Sentences–> Refresher on that here.
- Capitalize your opening words and names!–> Go here to see when to capitalize
- Make it interesting! Who wants to read anything boring EVER?????!
- Remember, you write like you talk? Does it sound like you? Humor? Sarcasm?
HAVE FUN! When you finish, head back to the news sites and read other articles that interest you.
Continue US President Recommendation
Open your Google Drive, find your US President Recommendation file, and continue the activity below.
You have been given the important task of selecting our next US president. The catch is that you have to choose between 2 presidents that we already had in office. Would you recommend the 32nd US President or the 37th US President as our next commander and chief?
Click the link below to open the template (sign-in) you will use to take notes and submit your recommendation.
*Don’t forget to check your spelling, punctuation, and rename the document.