GRADES 1 & 2
Internet Safety Lesson
The first and second graders will be learning about being safe on the internet. We will be watching the video below on staying safe and have a discussion as a class.
Click the Picture Below
We now know:
1. Never give out our personal information (name, address, phone number, etc)
2. Get permission from your parents before going on the internet
3. Don’t invite internet “friends” to your house or agree to meet them
Now we will use the following websites to help us remember to safe on the internet and how to balance our time on the computer:
Today we are going to learn all about Google Drive by watching a tutoring and taking notes as we watch.
- Log-in to your Google Drive Account.
- Open Google Docs by clicking the 9 dots, then Google Docs.
- Use the template section and click more to view all templates. Then choose the Class Notes – Playful template. Rename the template Google Drive Notes
- Make your screen split screen and have the notes template on the left.
- Open up the Google Drive walk-through video using the image link below. Then drag the video to the left half of your split screen.
- Now watch the video and take notes on important points as you watch using the notes template. You can pause/play the video by clicking the video screen.