— GRADE 1 —
Review of Typing Stage 1: Demonstrate how to use Dance Mat Typing stage one, level one ( ASDF,JKL; and G, H ). Review the homerow and proper finger technique.
Typing Practice Stage 1 – 3 :
Mini-Lesson – 10 minute demonstration/Lesson
Practice – 25-30 minutes or until done.
— GRADE 2 —
Insect research Unit
2nd grade will be continuing to publish their insect articles. We will be focusing on using correct capitalization, proper punctuation, and making articles that are fun to read.
— GRADES 3, 4, 5 —
2015 Person of the Year
Read about TFK’s nominees for 2015 Person of the Year, fill out the Google Form, and cast your vote. You will be looking at the options, reading information on each of the nominees, and using this information to choose who you feel is best fit for the honor.
Make sure to…
- Take your time and read through the articles on each of the nominees.
- Use Complete Sentences–> Refresher on that here.
- Capitalize your opening words and names!–> Go here to see when to capitalize
- Make it interesting! Who wants to read anything boring EVER?????!
- Remember, you write like you talk? Does it sound like you? Humor? Sarcasm?Full Thoughts?
HAVE FUN! When you finish, head back to the news sites and read other articles that interest you.