- What is Study Island? Study Island is an all online product designed to help your child master the standards specific to their grade in your state.
- Fast Facts • Every student has their own username and password. • The program is divided into sections based on subject. • Each section is made up of topics, each of which correspond to a specific state standard. • Each topic contains lessons, practice questions and explanations. • Most topics are accompanied by a lesson, which includes some brief information about the material covered by the questions in the topic.
- How will my child use Study Island? 1. Go to www.studyisland.com 2. Enter the username and password. 3. Start studying! To access Study Island, our school’s user names and passwords are modeled after this format: USERNAME: firstlastinitialsle PASSWORD:1234
- How do I start studying? • After signing in on Study Island’s home page, click on the subject tab that you wish to work on or check your student’s class page for assignments created by your child’s teacher. • To pass a topic, your child must satisfy the topic’s passing requirements which are based on a minimum number of questions answered and a minimum percentage correct. A blue ribbon is displayed next to all passed topics. • Once your child has passed all the topics in the subject, he will have to pass the Post Test for subject. Ignore this step if the subject has no Post Test. • Once your child passes all topics in all sections, he has completed the program.
- How can I view my child’s stats? Study Island is a great way to monitor your child’s progress! My Reports 1. Login to Study Island. 2. Click on one of the subject reports on the left hand side of the screen. You can view reports by subject or a summary report of all subjects. 3. You can view each topic’s statistics or click on suggested topics to see your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Bonus Features! Multiple Study options available! • Game Mode that may be accessed in Session Options after students have selected Start Studying. • In Session Options, you can also print worksheets for extra practice. Remediation topics allow students to build skills! • A warning symbol icon beside a topic means the student had problems mastering this section and needs additional help. • A dropdown arrow icon under a topic means the student had problems and there is a remedial lesson available.
- What if we need help using the program? To reach Study Island’s Support team: Customer Service line 1.800.419.3191 -OR- Email email@example.com www.studyisland.com