In this activity we you will be researching an animal of your choice and filling in a Google Slide brochure.
By the end of this activity I will be able to:
- Research a topic online
- Insert information into a text box
- Insert images into a slideshow
- Add captions below my images
Research – To search the internet for information about a topic
Text box – A rectangular frame into which you type text
Caption – A title or explanation for an image
Personal Goals are so important!
My main goal this year is to give students fun and educational experiences in technology that will prepare them for their future!
Goals Help Us Believe In Ourselves. Setting goals for yourself is a way to fuel your ambition. Goal setting isn’t just about creating a plan for your life and holding yourself accountable, its also about giving us the inspiration necessary to aim for things we never thought possible.
Click the link below to tell me about some of your personal goals for this year!
EQ – Why is it important to include habit 7 every once and a while when we use technology?
HABIT 7 – SHARPEN THE SAW
Balance is best!! Technology is a great tool for us, but just like anything else, every once and a while we need time to play or work on something we enjoy to reset and refocus.
Below you will find some fun practice sites for skills we focused on during the school year (like coding with Kodable!). You will also find some new fun and educational sites for us to try. Check it out!
GRADES 1 & 2
After you have created the first data and chart, we are going to create a shopping budget like the one below. Notice a couple of things…
- The cells that the title is in are merged.
- The cells for the data titles arefilled with grey to make them stand out.
- The “total cost” and “Money left over” cells are bold.
- The formulas for the “total cost” and “Money left over” cells are next to them and they are actually written in that top space that starts with fx, I only added them next to those cells so you could see what they are.
- Make sure to highlight the data then click “insert” and “chart”. Select the drop down to choose the pie chart.
- The shopping car was added by clicking “insert”, “image”, then search. (add space png to the end of your search to get an image with no background)
You can do amazing creative things with Google sheets! It’s not just for data. Click on the link below to check out some customizable game boards that I made using Google Sheets. There is everything from checkers to Battleship! When you click on the link below, it is going to have you login and click “make a copy” to have it send a copy of the document into your Google Drive for you to keep. You can customize the board with your own pictures if you’d like.
Share the doc with a friend to play 2 player games. (Remember, the person you shared it with will have to look in their Google Drive in the shared with me section!)
Wait? What is Google Sheets? How is it different than Google Docs? And how can I use it?
Think of it this way, Google Docs is a tool used to write things and Google sheets is a tools used to work with numbers. It helps you to figure out mathematical problems quickly and graph your findings. Its also great for organizing information, lets take a look!
Google Sheets Video Tutorial – How to Make Your First Chart
Learn how to create a simple google spreadsheet with a chart. This video covers the basics of entering and formatting a chart title, entering data, and creating a chart.
Time to Learn = 75 seconds
|Immigrant Life in the U.S.A.
|Create your own Timeline by Date, Time or Event. Save as JPEG and incorporate in your final product (Word, PowerPoint, PhotoStory)|